Thursday, April 30, 2015

Furry Friends...

Today is Children's Day in Mexico.  We celebrated it as a school a few days ago with a trip to the local zoo - so local, that it's right across the street from us!  Though small, it actually takes about an hour to do the lap around the place, and they also have special activities when groups come.  It was a great day and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

The group before heading inside.

Racoons at the zoo.  The sunbathing one cracked everyone up.

Applying our newly learned alphabet skills to reading the zoo signs.

Up close with an emu.  The emu was not a fan. :)

Wild Theater. There were 4 other schools there that day too.

One of our students touching a false coral snake.


Brave (and not so brave) volunteers. No worries kid, I would've done the same. :)

I don't think she'll be forgetting this real soon.

They fed and exercised the jaguar all at once with a piñata full of meat.

The group on the way out.

An interesting thing happened that morning as I got ready for the day.  Almost every passage I read during my morning devotions had to do with animals.  I thought that was pretty neat.  I shared Psalm 8 with the kids during morning devotions that day:

Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory in the heavens.
Through the praise of children and infants 
you have established a stronghold against your enemies, 
to silence the foe and the avenger. 

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, 
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 
what is mankind that you are mindful of them, 
human beings that you care for them?
You have made them a little lower than the angels
and crowned them with glory and honor.

You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
you put everything under their feet: all flocks and herds, 
and the animals of the wild, the birds in the sky,
and the fish in the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas.

Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

No comments:

BibleGateway.com Verse of the Day