Monday, May 29, 2017

Retreat!

It was an idea a long time in the making.  A day when all of the staff could get away for a time of rest and restoration.  The challenges of leaving behind 45 children were not lost on us, so we looked ahead in the year for a time when a dependable group would be here to help care for them.  We chose the North Park University group at the end of May, and our planning began.

Before I knew it, May was upon us and I needed to line up cooks, drivers, childcare, etc.  But I'm very thankful to report that it all came together and even my chronic overpacking paid off, as every activity I brought was used from a 500 piece puzzle to a collection of old blankets.  One of our former children who studied to be a chef came and helped us out with the cooking, and every staff person available came and participated - a true achievement.

I praise the Lord for a beautiful day and safe travels to get up to the "petrified waterfalls" of Hierve el Agua.  I am thankful for the smiles I see in the photos I took and the laughter I heard the day of.  I pray that the Holy Spirit would continue to work healing in long damaged relationships and unity in us all.
I love this picture of our staff

Hierve el Agua - a beautiful place where one can swim, hike, or relax

Swimming in the pool of natural water that springs up from the ground

Our new pastor and his wife (previously staff members at the home years ago) 

The 'palapa' where we camped out for the day

We're good at lining up for food! :)



I spy six missionaries resting.  There were actually more people napping behind me too, just couldn't get it all in one shot.  :)

No comments:

BibleGateway.com Verse of the Day