Thursday, September 19, 2019

New nieghbors

I've been told the huge men's prison across the highway is finally up and running.  As I open my curtains in the early morning hours, and see lights finally illuminating the distant guard tower, it seems to be true.  What does that mean for us? 

It means we really need to lower our well, as there will now be thousands more people drawing water from the aquifer that feeds this valley. 

It means I am extra thankful that our gate finally shuts again, as there will be more people moving into the surrounding community to visit and care for their incarcerated family members. 

It also means that a chance for greater ministry is now just across the street from us.  Are we ready?  Will we answer the need that has moved into the neighborhood?

What opportunity for ministry is at your doorstep? How have we been prepared for this moment? How will we respond?

No comments:

BibleGateway.com Verse of the Day